How to Prepare for SNAP Exam 2020?
SNAP Exam full form Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is a national-level test. As a result students get an admission into Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (Pune). And also its other affiliated institutes. Moreover, the test scores are valid for 16 institutes that are related to Symbiosis. Therefore, it makes it a reasonably important exam. SNAP 2019 was a computer-based (CBT) exam. In this article let’s attempt to make a technique for the SNAP exam which will assist you ace it. Before learning the SNAP preparation strategy lets take a look at the SNAP exam pattern
SNAP Exam Pattern
SNAP exam pattern 2020 has been overhauled. Symbiosis International University (SIU) has caused number of major changes in SNAP 2020 exam pattern and to an outsized extent SNAP has moved on the lines of CAT exam. SNAP not only consists of Objective Type MCQ questions but also will have Non MCQs. a number of the important changes introduced in SNAP exam pattern 2020.Total number questions asked in SNAP Exam are 115.
|SNAP Exam Details||SNAP 2020 expected Exam Structure|
|Total Questions in SNAP Exam||115 (110 MCQ and 5 Non MCQ)|
|Sectional Composition of Questions in SNAP exam 2019||English-30; QA & DI-35; Reasoning-30; Current Affairs-20|
|SNAP Scoring Pattern (Normal Questions)||+1 Mark for Each Correct Answer in Quant & Current Affairs sections; +1.5 Marks for English and Reasoning Sections
|SNAP Scoring Pattern (Special Questions)||+2 Marks for Each Correct Answer of Special Questions (5 Non MCQs)|
|Negative Marking in SNAP||
-25% for each wrong answer
How to crack SNAP Exam?-SNAP Preparation
1. Make a list:
• Firstly, have a list of every topic, across all the subjects and then build your strategy around this list. Moreover, confirm that you simply simply know the concept/methodology of every and each topic that you have noted down.
• Because you are doing not want to place in months of effortso on eventually determine that you simply haven’t covered everything.
2. Go easy:
• Then start your preparation with whatever you discover easy. Or whichever topic you have already got an honest understanding of.
• Lastly, practice such a lot in order that you’ll solve these questions in your sleep because it will make sure that you don’t lose marks within these questions in the exams.
And once you are through with these topics then you’ll proceed with the difficult/complex topics to create your proficiency in them.
3. Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency:
• Practice Arithmetic problems extensively and gain good speed and accuracy within the same. Moreover, arithmetic include Time & Work, Time Speed Distance(TSD), Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, etc.
• After that another topic, to specialise in , is Algebra, so confirm that you simply are through with all the various types and difficult questions in these two topic.Geometry (majorly Mensuration) also appears regularly during this section.
• Data Interpretation questions will demand approximations and without approximations, you would possibly need to spend tons of your time on calculations, which might be counter-productive.
• Sharpen your mental mathematics and approximation techniques, because the difficulty level of the DI questions is fairly easy
Further, data Sufficiency questions can sometimes be absent during this section, as has been observed in a number of the previous years’ papers.
Solve a minimum of 1 case of DI and a few quantitative questions, every day
Keep revising important formulae a day
Focus on building strong Concepts and proper practice
4. Analytical & Logical Reasoning:
• So, this is often the section that carries maximum weight-age within the test. Also the section which is that the most scoring, as compared to the others. Moreover, this section contains a mix of various topics.
• Further, practice questions on Blood Relations, Series, Coding-Decoding, differing types of Arrangement questions, Critical Reasoning, Deduction and analogies, Visual Reasoning, Puzzles, and logical Case-lets.
As mentioned earlier, don’t leave any topic, while preparing.
Practice Intensively for this section
5. English Usage:
• This section is fairly easy so to crack this section. So confirm that you simply are well conversant in the principles and shortcuts in solving grammar questions. most significantly, scoring good in grammar will increase your scores tremendously.
• Reading Comprehension questions are manageable and aren’t time-consuming. The passages are also short and easy.
• Be thorough about your vocabulary. English questions are pretty easy. But can have extremely close options. Therefore, an honest vocabulary is importan .
Everyday solve questions on correct/incorrect sentences, phrases, word usage.
SNAP Exam Study Material
These books are very good and available easily for everyone. The following are the books for SNAP study material.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- Arihant Descriptive General English by SP Bakshi
- Entrance Guide MAT (English)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test Guide (English)
- Target SNAP and General Knowledge by Disha and Arihant
- Manorama Year Book
- Map the SNAP Test by RK Jha
- Map the SNAP Test by Arihant
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal